Vanamagan Critic Reviews
Vanamagan User Reviews
Be the first to review this movie.
What is it about?
‘Vanamagan’ sheds light on the relationship between civilised society and tribal life. A tribal man played by Jayam Ravi, from a remote forest, stumbles upon a developed city. His interaction with city leads to a whirlwind of twists and turns. The film tries to capture the beauty of community living and how deforestation and industrialisation are directly disrupting tribal life and the God-given nature.
Points to look forward to.
1. The story is extremely gripping. While the first half gives us sensible comedy, the second half is filled with serious action-packed drama
2. A.L Vijay’s take on our long forgotten roots is going to be watch-worthy. The director has handled the heavy subject very smoothly with all proportions of romance, comedy and action.
3. The cinematography is the biggest plus point of the film. National Award winning cameraman Tirru has elevated the film to an entirely new level with his camera work. Especially, in the backdrop, which takes us through thick forests of Vietnam, Thailand and Thalakona, we can easily witness how magical Tirru’scinematography is.
4. The intriguing background score and foot-tapping songs have been given Harris Jayaraj. The composer has given his best for this film which also marks his 50thalbum.
5. Bollywood beauty Sayyeshaa is also one big highlight of the film. Not only with her dance moves but she pulled off her role extremely well.
6. Last but not least, Jayam Ravi. Yes, you must look forward to Jayam Ravi's performance in the film. With each passing film, Ravi is exponentially growing in terms of his acting and this film is no exception.