Disha Patani is one of India’s most hot and happening film actress and model who appears in Bollywood as well as Tollywood (Telugu movies). Before entering films she contested in the Femina Miss India pageant in 2013 where she ended up as the 1st runners-up. She made her screen debut in the Telugu movie 'Loafer' (2015) opposite Varun Tej and directed by Puri Jagannadh. She made her Bollywood debut opposite Sushant Singh Rajput in Neeraj Pandey’s ‘M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story’ in 2016.
Disha Patani Early Life
Disha Patani was born on 13 June 1992 in Bareilly town of Uttar Pradesh state in North India. Disha was an upright and bright student since her childhood days who took a keen interest in studies as well as cultural activities and aspired to become a pilot in the Indian Air Force. She belonged to an open-minded family where she had a normal upbringing along with her siblings who consisted of an elder sister and younger brother.
Disha Patani Family
Disha Patani Family Father Sister Brother Mother
Disha Patani comes from an upper-middle-class close-knit Hindu family which currently resides at Tanakpur, Uttarakhand. Her family consists of her father, Jagdish Singh Patani who serves as DSP in U.P State Police, had studied at Kumaon University, Nainital after passing out of R.H. Govt. Inter College, Tanakpur. Disha’s mother (name not known) is a house maker while elder sister Khushboo Patani is a Lieutenant in the Indian Army and younger brother Suryansh Patani is still studying. Despite residing in Mumbai, Disha has always been very close to her family and makes it a point to be with them during every family event for which she takes to the social media to post some of her family pictures.
Disha Patani Family Images
Disha Patani Career
Known as Dairy Milk’s ‘Bubbly’ girl, Disha Patani has shot to fame in a very short span of time since making her screen debut in 2015 in the Telugu movie ‘Loafer’. Though just three films old, she is one of Bollywood’s most popular celebs who is not just known for her fashion statements but also known as the next IT girl. Blessed with a refreshingly beautiful face, luminous eyes and a body to die for, she is considered the next big thing in Bollywood who is striking the right chords.
While doing her B.Tech from Amity University, Noida, Disha contested the Pond’s Femina Miss India 2013 where she ended up being the 1st runners-up. With absolutely gorgeous looks and pleasant smile, modeling had to be her next step and so she was signed up for a few modeling assignments. She appeared in a few popular commercials like the Cadbury’s Dairy Milk Chocolate and the famous Imperial Blue’s ‘Men will be Men.’
After getting noticed in her commercials, Disha shifted base to Mumbai to pursue her dream of acting in Bollywood where she was signed up for an adult comedy, ‘No Sex Please’ in 2014 which was to be produced by Karan Johar’s Dharma Productions. But unfortunately the film got shelved. Shortly after that she was yet again signed by Karan Johar and Ekta Kapoor for her Bollywood debut movie titled ‘Vanity Fair’ which sadly never took off.
It was only in 2015 that things started to look up for young Disha who went on to sign her first film as female lead which happened to be Telugu film ‘Loafer’ opposite Varun Tej and directed by Puri Jagannadh. Though ‘Loafer’ was a big film it didn’t manage to do well at the box-office but Disha was appreciated for her charming on screen personality and dancing moves. On returning to Mumbai she was signed up by T-Series for a single album music video song ‘Befikra’ along with Tiger Shroff which became very popular on YouTube.
Watch 'Befikra' song featuring Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff
The success of 'Befikra' video song was followed up by signing her first Bollywood film opposite Sushant Singh Rajput who played the titular role of cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni in the biopic ‘M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story.’ In the biopic directed by Neeraj Pandey, Disha played the role of Priyanka Jha, the first girl-friend of M.S. Dhoni who dies in a car accident. Disha got noticed for her performance as the biopic went on to become one of the major box-office successes of 2016.
The year 2017 saw Disha Patani doing an international project when she appeared in the trilingual action comedy film ‘Kung Fu Yoga’ where she co-starred with Jackie Chan, Sonu Sood, Aarif Rahman and Amyra Dastur. The film tanked without a trace at the Indian box-office but was well received in overseas markets. In an interview, Disha later admitted that she accepted doing the film only because she was a die-hard Jackie Chan fan and wanted to learn from him.
Upcoming films of Disha Patani
Disha Patani very soon will be seen sharing screen space with rumoured boy friend Tiger Shroff in ‘Baaghi 2,’ the sequel to the 2016 hit action film ‘Baaghi.’ The film is directed by Ahmad Khan and is expected to release sometime in 2018.
The other Disha Patani film likely to go on the floor is Ashutosh Gowariker’s tentatively titled ‘Honeymoon’ where she’ll be seen romancing Farhan Akhtar. In all likelihood, she’ll also be seen pairing up with Ayushmann Khurrana in Priyadarshan’s ‘Hungama 2’, the sequel to the 2003 superhit comedy film ‘Hungama.’
Disha Patani Awards
In her three-year-long film career, Disha Patani has been nominated and won a few popular awards. Here we have listed a few awards that she has won for as a debutant and newcomer:
Star Debut of the Year – Female
M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story
Best Female Debut
M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story
Best Acting Debut (Female)
M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story
Disha Patani Favourites
Disha Patani Education
Disha Patani did her initial primary and secondary schooling from Indore, Madhya Pradesh and later enrolled herself for Bachelors of Technology (Bio-Tech) from Amity University, Noida, Uttar Pradesh. Disha Patani joined the list of Bollywood college dropouts when she discontinued her Engineering course after getting an entry as a contestant in Femina Miss India 2013 contest where she ended up as the 1st runner-up. Post Femina Miss India contest, she took up modeling assignments and thereafter debuted in Telugu and Hindi movies.
Disha Patani Endorsements
Be it off screen or on screen, Disha Patani has always managed to grab all the attention. She is one of the most beautiful Bollywood actresses and celebrities who is frequently spotted without makeup and continues to become the cynosure of all eyes. She has become the showstopper at many fashion shows including the Lakme Fashion Week and India Couture Week where she has caught the fancy of top Indian designers like Ritu Kumar, Jayanti Reddy, and Manav Gangwani, etc.
Disha Patani at Fashion Shows
With traditional Indian looks and sharp features, Disha has managed to make heads turn in many of her brand endorsements where she has looked absolutely gorgeous. She has appeared in ads like Pond’s Pure White Deep Cleansing Facial Foam, Cadbury’s Bubbly Dairy Milk Chocolate, Garnier Fructis, Aircel, Imperial Blue’s ‘Men will be Men’ campaign, Reliance Digital and Gionee Elife, etc.
Disha Patani Trivia & Facts
Here are a few lesser-known facts and trivia about Disha Patani the petite actress who has been making waves in tinsel town ever since she made her acting debut:
- She was head girl of her school in Indore
- She was often the cause for the riots among boys in college
- She dropped out of college while pursuing her B.Tech (Bio-Tech) degree in Noida because wanted to participate in Pond’s Femina Miss India 2013
- Her first ad film was in 2013 when she shot for Myntra.com and Garnier brands
- She shot to fame with Cadbury’s Dairy Milk Silk Bubbly ad
- She prefers to be called Disha Paatni than Disha Patani
- She is an animal lover
- She loves dancing which is evident in these videos below
- She is a good friend of model-actress Nora Fatehi who also appeared on ‘Bigg Boss’
- She is a trained gymnast and fitness freak who works out almost 4 times a week
- She along with her alleged boyfriend Tiger Shroff share the same gym fitness trainer
- She loves to drive her car and hang out with close friends
- Actress Priyanka Chopra is her role model
- She was initially auditioned for one of director Puri Jagannadh’s earlier films before bagging a role in ‘Loafer’ for which she didn't get selected. The role was that of an urbane Hyderabadi girl who stays connected to her roots
- She is a big fan of Jackie Chan whom she co-starred in ‘Kung Fu Yoga’
- She learned Asuri, a tribal language from Jharkhand while preparing for her character of Priyanka Jha in ‘M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story’
- Her video song ‘Befikra’ featuring Tiger Shroff has garnered more than 32,260,000 views on YouTube, is a record
- She was the initial choice to play Shraddha Kapoor’s role in Tiger Shroff’s ‘Baaghi’
- She was to mark her Bollywood debut in Karan Johar’s sex-comedy film ‘No Sex Please’ and ‘Vanity Fair’ which unfortunately never took off
- Was recently voted as ‘Valentine’s Day Goddess’ by Hindu College students of Delhi University
- She has been one of the most searched Bollywood celebrities on the net since 2016 and has a following of 1.8 million on Facebook, 373k on Twitter and 6.9 million on Instagram, the most by a Bollywood celeb
Disha Patani Affairs
Bollywood is a place which is not devoid of crushes, flings, linkups, and love-affairs and that makes Disha Patani no exception. It’s hard for males to ignore a pretty lass like Disha Patani who reportedly has been in a couple of affairs/relationships. Disha initially had an affair with model and television actor Parth Samthaan who had appeared in serials like ‘Kaisi Yeh Yaariyaan’ and ‘Best Friends Forever?’ The Disha Patani-Parth Samthaan affair and break-up made the rounds but not before the pair officially shared some pictures on social media.
Disha currently is linked with actor Tiger Shroff as both came close to each other during the shoot of ‘Befikra’ song. The Disha Patani-Tiger Shroff relationship gathered steam when the pair was spotted and clicked together at restaurants, events, and fashion shows but they denied rumours of being in a steady relationship. Tiger Shroff and Disha Patani though will be seen romancing each other in ‘Baaghi 2’; they are expected to make their relationship official soon, according to reports.
Disha Patani Controversies
Ever since she joined the list of most searched Bollywood celebrities in 2016, Disha Patani has been plagued by a few controversies which made headlines. Be it Disha Patani’s hot bikini pics or bold photo shoots or comments, her controversies at times have been blown out of proportion and raised a few eyebrows are:
- In a video published in 2012, Disha claimed that she is 20 years old and her date of birth is 13 June 1992, and introduced herself as Disha Patni and not Patani. But, in another revelation in 2016 she claimed that she was all of 20 years old and her date of birth is 27 July 1995
- After being slut-shamed for donning a revealing outfit and displaying her cleavage at the Filmfare Awards, her epic response on Instagram drew a lot of attention where she posted, "Not going to be anybody's idea of an Indian girl," adding that "it's easier to judge a woman on the basis of how much they cover up their skin, but it's hard to accept your own cheap mentality where you can't stop staring at those inappropriate areas which you are asking her to cover!"
- It was reported that the organizers of a fashion show built a mirrored glass ramp for Disha to walk on donning a skimpy outfit to enable audiences to enjoy the reflection until actor-beau Tiger Shroff came in for cover and rescue her, who was also walking the ramp
Disha Patani Miscellaneous
Disha Patani knows how to stay connected with her fans and followers. Disha Patani hot and sexy pics on social media makes her one of the favourites, especially her hot photo shoots in swimsuits and beachwear.
Disha Patani Social Profiles
Your feedback helps us build a more accurate and exhaustive profile. If you have suggestions, fun facts, anecdotes to share, please let us know in the comments.