Aditi Rao Hydari is an Indian film actress who works in Hindi and Tamil movies. However, the actress started her career by debuting in Malayalam movies. Aditi is mainly known for her supporting role characters in Bollywood movies. She has been part of many blockbuster hits like Padmaavat, Rockstar, Delhi 6 etc. and has acted as the lead cast in the movies like Murder 3, London, Paris, New York, etc.
Aditi Rao Hydari Early Life
Aditi Rao Hydari belongs to two royal lineages - Muhammad Saleh Akbar Hydari and J. Rameshwar Rao of erstwhile Raja of Wanaparthy family. Aditi's parents separated when she 2 years old so Hydari spent her childhood in Delhi and Hyderabad both. Hydari kept both the surnames from her father and mother as she loved them both dearly.
Aditi started learning Bharatanatyam early at an age of six and became a disciple of much-acclaimed dancer Leela Samson. Aditi worked as a part of Spanda, Leela Samson's dance group, teaching students and travelling through countries to perform stage events. Aditi admits that she always aspired to become an actor and after working in South Indian movies, she moved to Mumbai to try her luck in Bollywood.
Aditi was reported to be married to a Bollywood and television actor Satyadeep Mishra. The actress declined to comment on her marital status, However, Aditi later declared that the couple has separated but are close friends.
Aditi Rao Hydari Career
Aditi Rao Hydari started her career as a Bharatanatyam dancer. Her first movie was a Malayalam movie Prajapathi which was released in 2006. Aditi played the role of Savithri who fells in love with Narayanan (played by Mammootty). However, her role was considered minimal in accordance with the overall plot. Film director Sharada Ramanathan spotted Aditi at a conference where Aditi was performing. Impressed by her vulnerable and fresh face, Ramanathan offered her a role in Sringaram. The movie received critical acclaim and Aditi's performance was highly appreciated. Later Aditi Rao Hydari made her Bollywood debut with movie Delhi 6, also starring Abhishek Bachchan and Sonam Kapoor where she played the role of an unmarried woman and living in a community where spinsterhood is not accepted.
In 2011, Aditi Rao Hydari appeared in Bollywood romantic drama Yeh Saali Zindagi opposite Arunoday Singh. Aditi gained publicity because of the intimate scenes between her and Arunoday Singh and post-release, Aditi received Screen Award for the Best Supporting Actress. Aditi then appeared in Imtiaz Ali's Rockstar starring Ranbir Kapoor and Nargis Fakhri in lead roles. Aditi played the role of a television reporter who chased the character of Ranbir.
Aditi's first movie as the lead cast was London, Paris, Newyork opposite Ali Zafar and she won positive reviews for her acting. Aditi also made her singing debut with this movie, by singing two tracks from the movie. Murder 3 was her next flick and her knockout performance in the movie made headlines.
Aditi Rao Hydari has been part of several big films as a supporting character like Boss, Khoobsurat, Wazir, Fitoor, etc. Aditi Rao Hydari has appeared in movies like Hindi, Tamil, and Marathi. The actress was last seen in Bollywood most controversial yet blockbuster movie Padmaavat, where she portrayed the role of Queen Mehrunisa and won praises for her role. Aditi Rao Hydari will be next seen in Dass Dev (Hindi) and Chekka Chivantha Vaanam (Tamil).
Aditi Rao Hydari Movies
Aditi Rao Hydari Images
Aditi Rao Hydari Education
Aditi Rao Hydari did her schooling at Rishi Valley School, Chittoor, Andhra Pradesh. She graduated from Lady Shri Ram College, University of Delhi.
Aditi Rao Hydari Endorsements
Aditi Rao Hydari is associated with popular brands like Avon, Cadbury, Truly Madly, Airtel, Reliance, Maya Jewels, Platinum, etc. She also is seen walking ramp for renowned designers. Watch Aditi Rao Hydari slaying at Lakme Fashion Week.
Aditi Rao Hydari in GRT jewellers ad
Aditi Rao Hyadri in Platinum Day Of Love ad
Aditi Rao Hydari in Airtel ad
Aditi Rao Hydari Trivia & Facts
- Aditi Rao Hydari belongs to two royal lineages from both paternal and maternal sides
- Aditi's parents separated when she was 2 years old. Aditi then moved to Delhi with her mother
- Aditi started learning Bharatnatyam dance at an age of 6
- Aditi shared 22 kisses with Arunoday Singh in the movie Yeh Saali Zindagi which eventually broke the record of the kisses shared onscreen by Mallika Sherawat.
- Apart from incredible acting skills, Aditi is blessed with a mesmerizing voice. The actress sang two songs in her film London, Paris, Newyork
- Aditi is fond of animals and is an active member of Peta
- Aditi likes to selfie and her social media handles are flooded with beautiful selfies shared by the actress
Aditi Rao Hydari Controversies
Like any other B-town actresses, Aditi Rao Hydari also landed herself up in few controversies which made headlines for quite sometimes.
- Aditi Rao Hydari was married to actor Satyadeep Mishra and kept her marriage a secret and away from media glares. However, the couple got separated in 2013
- Aditi was supposed to play the role of Bindiya in Raanjhanaa but the actress opted out of the project as she was acting pricey. The role eventually went to Swara Bhaskar
- Aditi posted a selfie on Independence day saluting with the left hand which eventually caught the attention of many and audiences fired back with negative comments
- Aditi Rao Hydari was in headlines after posing boldly for GQ magazines. The hot images of Aditi sure raised some eyebrows
- Aditi was rumoured to be linked with her Wazir co-star Farhan Akhtar. However, the actress kept mum about these rumours.
Aditi Rao Hydari Social Profiles
Your feedback helps us build a more accurate and exhaustive profile. If you have suggestions, fun facts, anecdotes to share, please let us know in the comments.