As we have entered the Information Age, every keystroke of the the social media users that results in a symbol or anything is observed with eagle eyes by the experts. Trending of the topics is one of the most widely studied subjects by data experts and scientists. As such Twitter which is the second most widely used social media platform and the one with highest trending hashtags resource release the details of the trending subjects.
Today we have come across three movie that are said to have widely trended in 2020. But each one of them tell a different tale. Let’s listen to what each of these three films - Dil Bechara, Soorarai Pottru, and Sarileru Neekevvaru - tell.
1. This film is the proof that Indians are sentimentalists and if they love someone they’ll continue to celebrate them for a long time. Here in this case is Sushant Singh Rajput. The movie went on to become the Digital Blockbuster of the Year. Of course that Disney+ Hotstar allowed everyone to watch the film for free.
2. The negativity against Bollywood nepotism also sought its source of inspiration from the tragic death of Sushant Singh.
3. The film and its lead actor were treated as the great symbols of their fight against nepo-kids.
To conclude the movie punched above its potential thanks to Sushant warriors. And Justice for Sushant might not have served. But his last film commemorated his short but fruitful career.
1. Among these three films, only Soorarai Pottru is the only film to have trended for purely its merits. The expectations were low and Suriya was desperate. But the film not just become a grand blockbuster for him, it lifted the sagging spirits of Amazon Prime Video.
2. Soorarai Pottru is a voluntary trend of the year. There’s no fan gang up. No forced trend. It’s just for the love of cinema. It’s a great film. And the merit is celebrated by one and all.
3. This Sudha Kongara directorial proved not just manic keyboard warriors, but also informed consumers can also shine in these days of constant trending.
To conclude, despite sentiments, manic-trending by fans, there’s still room for organic trending celebrating merit.
1. Sarileru Neekevvaru proves the might of a superstar who’s at the peak of his career. Of course, fans trended the movie name on multiple occasions, but the genuine blockbuster nature of the movie kept the movie for a long time since its release on the trending charts.
2. Mahesh is the biggest star of Tollywood despite losing out on box office numbers to Allu Arjun. When he deviated a little from his routine performance style, this film turned out an almighty hit. What if he really delivers a truly game changing film? Sky is the limit.
3. Despite the scorching criticism about the rape-comedy and the not-so-correct style of characterisation for the heroine, the audience still connected to the issues risen in the movie.
4. Its performance on television during, and after the ease of lockdown proved once again that Mahesh is the only star hero among current generation to be truly embraced by family audience.
To conclude, the varied demographics who watched the film (from 6 to 80 plus) shows the root level love he enjoys among the audience. The ultra-consistent performance of his other films on television too support this. And is proved by Twitter trends.