24 February is a fateful day, as it marks the death anniversary of legendary first female Superstar Sridevi. The tragic death of her in 2018 has left a void in the Indian cinema. With her charismatic personality, Sridevi has left an incredible mark in the hearts of her fans. In a career spanning over five decades, she acted in over 300 films in Telugu, Tamil, Hindi, Malayalam, and Kannada languages. As today marks the third death anniversary of the actress, here are some unknown facts about the veteran actress.
- Sridevi started her acting career at an age of 4 with the Tamil film Kandan Karunai and acted in many films as a child artist.
- Sridevi's first female lead role was in Rajinikanth starrer Moondru Mudichu at an age of 13.
- Sridevi made her Bollywood debut in a leading role with the 1979 movie Solva Sawan.
- Sri Devi tied the knot with Boney Kapoor in 1996 and took a sabbatical in 1997.
- After 6 years, i.e., in 2012, Sri Devi made her comeback with English Vinglish.
- She also acted in the television show, Malini Iyer.
- She played the lead role in the crime thriller, MOM, in 2017 and received National Film Award for Best Actress.
- Sridevi was last seen on silver screens in Shah Rukh Khan's Zero, where she played a cameo role.
- Regarded as the first female superstar of Indian cinema, Sridevi has won several awards and honours. She is bestowed with Padma Shri - India's fourth-highest civilian award from the Government of India in 2013.
Also, check out some unseen reel and real-life pics of the veteran actress below: