Though theatres were allowed to be opened in October 2020, the exhibitors and multiplex owners were wary of the condition but by December, we started to witness the reopening of cinema halls. Many theatres have shown older movies or those which already had an OTT streaming. The first proper film (a considerable major release with a notable face leading the cast) to hit the screens happened only towards the end of December 2020.
Solo Brathuke So Better starring Sai Dharam Tej and Nabha Natesh in the lead roles is that film. After that, slowly we have seen a plethora of announcements. The success of Solo Brathuke So Better led to some more big films into the line. Sankranthi/Pongal witnessed a host of movies sharing the theatres. Those movies include Thalapathy Vijay's Master and Mass Maharaj Ravi Teja's Krack.
Here are the records (memorable at that) created by Tollywood since the theatres opened.
All Post-Lockdown Records:
1. First Indian film to have a successful theatrical run and become a proper Hit is Solo Brathuke So Better
2. It is also the first Indian film to gross more than 20 Cr. in theatres post lockdown.
3. Hitherto, the first and only Indian/Telugu film to run for 25 days in post lockdown is Ravi Teja starrer Krack
4. Krack is the Telugu film to collect 60 Cr. Worldwide Gross
5. The Ravi Teja and Shruti Hassan starrer is also the first Telugu film to cross a Worldwide Share of more than 25, 30, & 35 Cr.
6. Krack is also the first Indian film to get mostly positive reviews and also become a commercial success
7. Vijay's Master is the first dubbing movie to become successful anywhere in India (including Teluguland)
8. Red became the biggest grosser and the first hit among those films to get mixed to negative reviews
9. First unanimous blockbuster post lockdown in India is a telugu movie - Krack
Whatever the situation, Tollywood has been leading from the front when it comes to post-lockdown theatrical releases.